Κατηγορία: “Human Therapeutic and Medicines”
Under Section 3 of the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989, therapeutic use means use in / in connection with:
1. preventing, diagnosing, curing or alleviating a disease, ailment, defect or injury in persons, or
2. influencing, inhibiting or modifying a physiological process in persons, or
3. testing the susceptibility of persons to a disease or ailment, or
4. influencing, controlling or preventing conception in persons, or
5. testing for pregnancy in persons, or
6. the replacement or modification of parts of the anatomy in persons.
For example, pathology specimens for the diagnosis of diseases/ailments are considered as being used for therapeutic use and therefore do not require an import permit.